Who we areLook Good…Feel Better was set up by the Cosmetic Toiletry and Perfumery Association (CTPA) and gained charitable status in 1993. Today, the Programme has the support of over 40 leading companies and brands in the Beauty Industry.
Look Good…Feel Better helps women cancer patients in the most practical and positive way.
Finding out you have cancer in any form can be daunting and life-changing, and the added stress of the appearance related side effects of treatment can be demoralising and very hard to cope with. This can have serious consequences on self-esteem and confidence at a time when a positive attitude is very important.
What we do
We hold free skincare and make-up workshops to help combat the visible side effects of cancer treatment and, in turn, boost confidence and wellbeing.
The sessions are run weekly, fortnightly or monthly for up to 12 people. They are held in over 59 locations throughout the UK, in hospitals and cancer care centres. The Look Good Feel Better Programme is now available in 21 countries worldwide.
At the beginning of each workshop, patients are given a gift bag filled with 17 different products donated by major companies throughout the Beauty Industry. Three volunteer beauty consultants take everyone through a specially designed 12-step skincare and make-up regime. At the end of two hours of learning, fun and laughter ladies leave feeling relaxed and full of renewed confidence in their appearance. They are then free to enjoy the product gift bag or 'cosmetic tool kit' at home.
Many women tell us that their LGFB workshop helped them regain a sense of control and normality at a time when diagnosis and treatment can make everything feel overwhelming.
Since 2009 we are also able to offer 'self-help' materials in the form of an extensive DVD and booklet, the LGFB Confidence Kit.
- LGFB Executive Director, Sarahjane Robertson, receives beauty industry award at COPRA Event
- LGFB to benefit from Cosmetics Business Innovation Awards
- Submit your skin story to Bio Oil and LGFB will receive a charitable donation!
- THE FiFi UK FRAGRANCE AWARDS 2013 ... 16 May ... Apply for tickets now!
- LGFB Feel Better Week 13 to 17 May 2013 ... GET INVOLVED NOW!
- Go Green and Recylcle for LGFB
- LGFB is the official show charity at the Organic & Natural Beauty Show June 2013
- “Festival of Fragrance” at Selfridges supporting Look Good…Feel Better