About LGFB workshops
As a cancer charity, our main objective is to help women undergoing cancer treatment to regain their self-confidence and self-esteem at a very difficult time in their lives. We aim to help people diagnosed with cancer to literally look good…and feel better. So what’s involved?
Keeping it simple
We organise two-hour skincare and make-up workshops every week, fortnight or month, depending on hospital requirements in each area.
Held in hospitals and specialist centres throughout the UK, each workshop is run by three volunteer LGFB trained beauticians, many of whom work for major cosmetic companies based in department stores close to where the workshops take place.
Off to a great start
When ladies arrive, they receive a LGFB gift bag filled with a specially selected range of donated skincare and make-up products suited to their skin tone.
Our beauticians then guide them through a 12-step skincare and make-up regime, with great hints and tips on how best to apply each product. Particular care is taken with key ‘problem’ areas resulting from cancer treatment, such as re-defining the eye area when ladies have lost brows and lashes.
An uplifting experience
The workshops are also about having fun. They are informal, relaxed and informative and give people a chance to meet others in a similar situation. It’s a time for a woman to focus on herself – and not her illness.
If there’s one thing we can recommend, it’s that ladies plan to do something afterwards – because they will leave looking and feeling fantastic.
- LGFB Executive Director, Sarahjane Robertson, receives beauty industry award at COPRA Event
- LGFB to benefit from Cosmetics Business Innovation Awards
- Submit your skin story to Bio Oil and LGFB will receive a charitable donation!
- THE FiFi UK FRAGRANCE AWARDS 2013 ... 16 May ... Apply for tickets now!
- LGFB Feel Better Week 13 to 17 May 2013 ... GET INVOLVED NOW!
- Go Green and Recylcle for LGFB
- LGFB is the official show charity at the Organic & Natural Beauty Show June 2013
- “Festival of Fragrance” at Selfridges supporting Look Good…Feel Better